Monday, March 28, 2011

Pregnancy Fashion

When I first realized I would be in my 3rd trimester during the "hot" Seattle summer months, I have to admit - I was less than thrilled.  First, I immediately "called it" that Greg would have to give in and buy an air conditioning unit for our bedroom.  Then, I started to think about the fact that I would have to enjoy virgin cocktails on our beautiful summer days.  Thumbs down.  My world was ending.  In addition to this, I assumed finding something comfortable to wear that would keep me looking somewhat pulled-together, (and not a swollen/sweaty mess) would be a bit of a challenge.

HOWEVER - my friend Rachel introduced me to the Dear Baby Blog - written by a gal my age, living in North Carolina.  She is currently pregnant with her second baby and has the most adorable fashion sense.  She posts her daily work attire on her blog and I have shamelessly decided to copy her style.

I made a trip to Forever 21 over the weekend, (or as my hilarious coworker Linda calls it, "Forever 42"), and scored a few cheap items that I plan to incorporate into my spring/summer wardrobe!  The items consisted mostly of long skirts (no more than $10 each) that I can wear up and over my growing bump and cheap colorful tank tops (for $3 a piece).

Below is a preview - (ignore my less than excited face - clearly I do not posses the ability to pose in a mirror, take my own picture and smile at the same time). 


I have a ways to go to perfect my new "pregnancy" look, but at least I have something to look forward to in the warmer months ;)

3 comments:

  1. Adorable. And BTW, I spent several hours (yes, hours) on Melissa's various blogs last night. I'm going to go ahead and say it - blogging is the new Facebook. So much more interesting to stalk people on their blogs!

    ReplyDelete