Friday, May 6, 2011

21 Weeks!



Bonus photo - Me and Kodiak, a coworker's dog who came to visit!  This
dog is 7 months old - I miss when he was tiny and could sit in my lap!


How far along: 21 weeks
Weight gain: As of Monday, I was up 7 lbs.  With my ravenous appetite this week, I would guess I'm up to 8 now?
How big is baby: 10.5 inches long, the length of a carrot.
Maternity clothes: Becoming my favorite items to wear.  Also, I'd like to give a big shout out to Forever 21 for their cheap make-shift pregnancy clothes.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: I love sleep.  I've noticed myself getting waves of exhaustion in the late afternoons so when it's finally time for a long night of sleep, I'm a happy girl.
Best moment this week: We had a beautiful, sunny and warm day to celebrate Greg's birthday last weekend!  That was definitely a highlight of the week!  We took full advantage by having brunch and walking through Pike Place, walking around Greenlake (where I think I experienced my first braxton hicks contractions), and ended the night by BBQ'ing at home.
Movement: I definitely have noticed some movement this week.  It's still VERY subtle.
Food Cravings: BTL's (4-ever) and fruit.  I could live off of berries and melons.  I also have had cravings for sweet carby items like muffins and scones.
Labor Signs: No
Belly button in or out: It's changing.  That's all I can really say about it.
What I miss: Usually around this time of the year I'm anxiously waiting for summer to arrive, knowing it will be full of hot days on the water, bikinis and cocktails!  This year, I'm concerned that it might get "too hot", wondering if I will be sporting a bathing suit at all, and knowing that any cocktails I consume will be virgin ;)
What I'm looking forward to: This weekend we have dinner with friends, a party to attend, I'm teaching 2 yoga classes AND celebrating Mother's Day with my mom - brunch and a movie!  I'm looking forward to all of it!  I'm also looking forward to my work conference in SUNNY ORLANDO next Friday-Tuesday.  It will be great to not only attend the conference sessions/meet some of my counterparts across the country, but we also have some fun non-work activities planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment