Friday, June 10, 2016

Meal Planning: Week of June 13th

Review from last week:

ARTICHOKES!  Yum.  Now that I know how to make them, I'm certain I will eat them all the time.  (Cut 1/2 inch off the top, cut them in half, snip off the sharp edges of each leaf, steam them in a big pot over 2 inches of boiling water for 30 minutes).  So Great.


I'm learning that part of my meal planning should include having some kind of meat ready and waiting for Greg call me on the way home and announce "I feel like grilling"!!!  On this night, I had beef thawed for burritos, which he instead turned into delicious burgers.  I topped mine with a mountain of caramelized onions.


I went with the vegetarian plan on Blue Apron this week.  The spicy Korean rice cakes with green bean and pea shoots was really great.
 

The shredded cabbage, carrot and rice salad was just okay.  Greg wasn't a big fan.


The Huevos Rancheros Quesadillas were really delicious.  Even without meat!

 
Plan for next week:

Friday: Parent's night OUT.  Love Ben's school for doing this every month.  Dinner and wine in Woodinville tonight :)

Saturday: ARTICHOKES and some kind of grilled meat

Sunday: Beef and Bean Burritos.  (I didn't end up making these last week due to Greg's last minute desire to grill burgers, which I never say no to).

Monday: Leftover Burritos



Friday: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment