Thursday, July 31, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of August 4th

Review from last week:

On Sunday, after returning home from our weekend away, we went to play at the park in Redmond and then had dinner at Hugo's.  Greg had purchased a Groupon after being told it was good.  The food is all organic, gluten free, etc. etc. etc., and the food tasted...pretty good.  It was super clean eating which was nice, but I think we both felt that we could have made something more delicious at home.  I did, however, LOVE the zucchini noodles I had there, so I'll be making that again this week at home!  They had a nice patio where Ben enjoyed some coloring....and by coloring, I mean 1 scribble followed by dumping all the crayons onto the table and trying to dump them on the floor and then freaking out that we wouldn't let him and then finally settling down when I offered him my phone to watch videos on.  Dining out - ALWAYS A TREAT.


On Monday evening we ate our dinner at home (chicken, mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed snap peas - one of my new favorite meals):




We were in a serious negotiation with Ben over how many more bites he needed to eat before he got to have a cake pop.  Spoiler alert: he didn't achieve his goal, so the cake pop was postponed until the next day.  


On Tuesday, I came across a picture of this Summer Cabbage Slaw Salad while scrolling through Instagram and I simply HAD to make it.  (It always helps when you have almost everything needed to make something already in the fridge)!  It was delicious and made enough for me to have for lunch the next day.  I even forgot the avocado and it was still filling and delicious.



On Wednesday, Greg cooked up some Costco smoked shredded pork and sauteed it with some BBQ sauce.  It was so delicious.  Apparently they have a smoked shredded chicken that we will be trying next time.  I made a simple salad of tomato/oregano/lime juice and roasted some Brussels sprouts and we enjoyed it on the deck with a couple margaritas.  Perfect.  Ben ate his pork with some shredded cheese in a taco shell and devoured the entire thing.



Plan for next week:

Friday:  Since I never made the chicken Parmesan last week, I'll make this on Friday with some roasted vegetables (asparagus or brussels I'm sure).

Saturday:  Saturday is the 7th annual SeaFair party at Jamie and Collin's house.  We are looking forward to a few mimosas in the morning, some sunshine in the afternoon and hanging out with all of their fun friends at their beautiful home!  We are both quite curious how Ben will handle the Blue Angels this year.  In terms of food, they always make a bunch of delicious snacks and I'm planning to bring a batch of this black bean and corn salad (new obsession, clearly).  That night, we will either be too full to eat much, or we will make the BLT chopped salad with corn, feta and avocado with grilled chicken or shrimp.

Sunday:  Salmon Roll Sandwiches and a big salad.

Monday: Last week when we went out to dinner, I had the most amazing "Zoodle" dish: raw zucchini noodles, tossed in truffle oil infused olive oil, with black olives, sunflower seeds, and tomatoes.  I'm going to make some to go with chicken tarragon.

Tuesday: Blue Apron Meal - Pan-Seared Salmon with Fennel and Heirloom Tomato Salad

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal - Rice and Beef Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Lime-Crema Sauce 

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal - Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce and Marinated Green Tomatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment