Friday, July 25, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of July 28th

Review from last week:

Not pictured: Chicken Paillard (still in our top ten), dinner at Robin and Garrett's (delicious flank tacos and great company!), and chicken wedge salad (enjoyed technology free, apparently - something we both need to work on at dinner time (and in life).

Never made: Snow pea and scallop quinoa.  Opted to make chicken tarragon with sauteed snow peas instead, in order to use up the fresh tarragon I had, and it was REALLY good.  My favorite part about this one was that I only had to loosely follow the recipe I had googled earlier that day.  I had some of the ingredients, but not all, and I cooked it a little differently - which is not something I am typically able to do.  After lots (and lots) of cooking practice, I suppose I eventually would be able to do a few things on my own!



Flank steak and corn/black bean salad with Maureen and Vitaliy on Sunday!  My favorite part about this night was Ben and Maeve playing so well together.  (He pissed her off royally the last time they were together).  But this time she was inviting him into the bathroom with her each time she had to go, so you know, he must be back on her good side ;)



Plan for next week:

Every so often, (usually after a Costco run) we end up accumulating so much extra stuff in our freezer that I need to back off of the "new" meal planning and use up everything that we have.  With us heading out of town for the weekend, this is definitely the perfect time.

Friday and Saturday night will be spent at a cabin in the woods by the lake with the Cougles!  It is going to be so nice to be away for a few days (and share in the cooking fun with our friends)!

Sunday: We will likely have food left over from the weekend to take home/eat, but if not, we will throw some burgers on the grill and have with a salad.

Monday: Chicken Parmesan and broccoli with mizithra cheese

Tuesday: Halibut Chipolte with sauteed onion

Recipe:
*2 chipotle chiles in adobo
*3 tablespoons tequila or vodka
*2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
*1 tablespoon ketchup
*1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can
*1 clove garlic, chopped
*2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
~Throw it all into a blender and hit puree

Wednesday: BBQ Pulled Pork (Costco) and coleslaw.

Thursday: Chicken breasts prepared with whatever herbs I have in my fridge with mashed sweet potatoes and a roasted vegetable.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Thanks again for having us over. It was great/delicious. "Ben, you wanna come in, too?" "Uh huh!" "No, Maeve, Ben needs to wait until we're done." "But why?" LOL WTF

    ReplyDelete