Friday, January 25, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of January 28th

Is this blog turning into a food blog?  I need to beef up my Ben posts.  (Mmmmm....beef...)

Review of last week:

  • The clam spaghetti turned out great.  I could have tripled the amount of mushrooms in it though (and I had already doubled the amount the recipe called for).  The tomato basil mozzarella salad was great, too!
  • The roasted shrimp and spaghetti squash was not good.  Super bland.  I do like spaghetti squash in place of noodles though, so I will need to try a different, more flavorful recipe next time I make that.
  • The beef stew was okay.  I'll give it a 6/10.  Greg seemed to like it, but I think I just prefer chili if I am making something with beef stew meat.
Now to what is on the menu this weekend and week:

Saturday: I'm so totally excited about the Braised Pork Shoulder with Pepperoni Sauce we plan to make this weekend. Greg and I just finished the Top Chef All Stars season, and Mike Isabella made this in the finale. We both were DROOLING over it, so we decided that we will teach ourselves how to braise some meat and make ourselves a bomb Saturday night meal.

Monday: Something easy, like hot dogs or macaroni and cheese.  I'm teaching yoga, so the boys can explore the fridge/pantry themselves and I'll eat cereal when I get home.

Tuesday:  Ever since we made this a few weeks back, I have been wanting it again.  Chicken Saltimbocca.  We will have it with arugula salad.

Wednesday: Another craving that I need to have again - Chicken and Potato Florentine Soup.

Thursday: Stuffed Peppers.

Friday: Beer & Bacon Mac and Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment