Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

Last weekend was a good one. 

After months and months of waiting and wanting to be SURE that I loved it, we went and purchased a couch for the front room!  Soon, Ben will have just a little less space to roam free, as his "playroom" will slowly be furnished this year.

 
(Not my living room, obviously).
 
But I really do LOVE this sofa, and I can't wait to have something nice to sit on in the front room while I watch Ben climb up and down from the window seat.  It will arrive in a few weeks - yippie!  Another fun(ny) side note - this sofa, the "Petrie Sofa" was named after Rob and Laura Petrie on Dick Van Dyke show.  Cute.  I totally watched reruns of that show when I was little :)
 
We also played around with skipping Ben's morning nap on Saturday and ran all of our errands instead.  He was so unbelievably tired that he slept for 3.5 hours when we returned home - which meant Greg and I had a long Top Chef marathon and spent a relaxing afternoon (almost) kid-free :)
 
On Sunday, we took a ferry over to visit our friends Kristin and Craig in Poulsbo!  We hadn't seen her for MONTHS (and we hadn't even met Craig yet - we absolutely approve, btw!!) so it was great to spend some time with them and watch the Seahawks lose (boo).
 


 


We learned after back to back days of skipping his morning nap that Ben absolutely still requires one.  My kid is ON A SCHEDULE (like his mama).  And I like it. :)

1 comment: