Monday, October 19, 2015

Week in Photos: Our 8th anniversary, my 34th birthday, and a haircut!

At Ben's dentist appointment last week, we were surprised to see Myles in the waiting room at the same time!  The boys had their teeth cleaned right next to one another :) I definitely think it helped Ben stay motivated to be a good patient seeing Myles so well behaved in the next chair.


Saturday, October 10th was our 8th wedding anniversary!  It is crazy that 8 years have gone by.  We can't wait to head back to Hawaii next year - we had always talked about going for our 5th anniversary, but having a 1 year old at that time, it wasn't in the cards.

This past year has been pretty great :)
 
We spent our anniversary morning at soccer practice with Ben.  
 

During his scrimmage, he was goalie for part of the time.  You probably can't tell from this picture, but he was excellent ;)
 

We then grabbed some breakfast, as we had an hour to kill before school pictures, which he nailed ;)
 

A few months back I made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants, Staple & Fancy, for our anniversary.  Then last month, in an attempt to coordinate a night out with Jamie and Collin, we decided to just combine our night out and change the reservation to 4!  It was really fun to spend the evening with them (plus when you go with 4 people, you get to try SO much more food).  Win.

 
These two are expecting a baby girl in February - so fun catching up with them and hearing all about their preparation for their expanding family :)


Ben also got a haircut this week:

 

A few pictures from school:



I took my birthday off from work so that I could spend a fun day with Ben.  We spent the morning at the zoo:
 

Just minutes after we walked in, Ben spotted these 2 little girls, so we spent the majority of the time walking around with them and their mom :)


Ben was our tour guide:
 
  
 
Ben has been extremely affectionate lately.  No fewer than 150 kisses every day and he is constantly telling me he loves me.  He was giving me a series of kisses on my face - not a bad birthday present!


Also arriving on my birthday in the mail, our tickets to Hamilton!  A few weeks ago, I become obsessed with the soundtrack to this musical.  On our anniversary, Greg and I were talking about trying to get away next year for a long weekend.  NY has been on our bucket list for awhile.  The stars (and our vacation budget) aligned and we decided to book a trip to go in February!


Then for dinner, Greg grilled up some fillets and shrimp and made me the most amazing birthday dinner :)


We finished the night off with a few games of Sorry:

 

And finally, a picture of the Halloween display I put together this weekend.  I was totally inspired from a Better Homes and Garden's craft they featured last month.  I'm happy with how they turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment