Monday, August 20, 2012

Artie and Stacy's Wedding

On Saturday, Greg and I attended Artie and Stacy's wedding!  It was a fantastic day for a wedding - the weather had cooled off just enough from the super hot week we have had so that we could enjoy the ceremony and reception without melting :)

I met Artie in the 7th grade at Brier Terrace Middle School.  From the beginning of our friendship, I knew without any doubt that he would be in my life forever.  Artie is one of the kindest, most loyal, genuine people that I have ever met.  His smile will light up a room and you can always count on him to cheer you up with one of his hugs.

The wedding was a BTMS/Brier Elementary reunion of sorts - it was such a blast for the group to get back together in one room and dance the night away.  It makes me feel old to think that many of these people I have known for more than half of my life.....but it's a great feeling to have been able to watch my classmates/friends grow up into adulthood.


The ceremony was SO touching - both Artie and Stacy wrote their own vows.  A lot of thought went into it and the personal touches were beautiful.  The reception was full of throwback jams, which was hilarious and appropriate considering I have known the groom since these songs were popular.  Everyone had so much fun and I really didn't want to leave!

Congrats, Artie and Stacy!  Happy Honey-mooning!

The happy couple!  (Snagged this one from Facebook).


Shauna, Kim and Me


The bartender was having some trouble with the kegs, so after a few minutes of waiting and watching the drink line get longer and longer, Greg hopped behind the bar to help get things moving :)


Brandon and Greg showing us how it's done.
 
 
Kim, Me, Janina and Heather

 
Becca, Emily, Janina and Me

 
Group shot!
 


My mom was awesome and came up to watch Ben for the evening.  She brought with her new books and homemade cookies.  To show his appreciation, Ben was a snuggling "delight".  I'm not sure where this new behavior has come from (out of the blue!) but I will TAKE IT.  Here he is giving me a snuggle before we left.

And side note:  The man is ALL ABOUT his binky these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment