Monday, August 27, 2012

More fun with Karen and Chris

We had a fun extended weekend spending more time with Karen and Chris! On Friday, I worked in the morning and then the group met me for lunch at Ivar's in Mukilteo.  It was a beautiful day to sit outside and enjoy lunch, and Ben was SO well behaved!  We went through a rough phase for awhile when going out to eat was NO FUN - but as of late, he seems to be doing much better and enjoys eating and "chatting".  That evening Greg made us a delicious steak dinner and we spent the rest of the night chasing Ben around the living room and listening to him laugh his face off.

On Saturday, Karen joined me for a hot yoga class - and she loved it!  It was fun to show her what I have been doing all these years :)  That evening we got a babysitter for Ben (my coworker, Shauntel!) and the four of us went out to Tablas for dinner followed by Menchies for dessert.  (We know how to PAR.TY).

Sunday was our "tourist" day.  We walked through Pike Place, had lunch at Cutter's, checked out the new City Target, and then went home so Ben could get his nap on.

Today Karen, Chris, Greg and his friend Steve are hiking on Mount Rainier!  Part of me wishes I had joined them, but at the same time, I think I would have slowed the entire group down.  My endurance level is not at all what it used to be!




 
Poking the eye of his new cow from Aunt Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment