Thursday, August 16, 2012

Home Sweet Home


This is a post that I have been anxious to write, but have been too worried that if I put it out there too soon, something might fall through.  But we are now OFFICIALLY owners of this home in Bothell :)  Yippie!!!

It has been a longgggg process (as it is for all homeowners).  Stress and loans and inspections and appraisals and negotiations and official documents (with a "fun" mix of last minute demands, refusals to sign documents, and all sorts of ridiculousness that I won't bother rehashing here) and then FINALLY having it processed and recorded at the courthouse today!  There were several times, particularly in this last week, when I wasn't even sure if it would all come together, but after all of our waiting and worrying, the end result is a house that we are SO happy to call our home. 

I felt it immediately when we took our first walk through in early July.  I had visions of Ben running around in the back yard.  I imagined what it would be like with a Christmas tree (room for a REAL ONE!!) in the front room.  I loved the fact that we would have an extra room for guests to come visit....and who knows, maybe another kiddo to add to the mix one day?!?

I cannot wait to get settled.  Cannot wait to unpack, organize, decorate, buy things for our home that we know we will be in for a long time, cook meals (or, you know, heat things up) in our beautiful kitchen, have friends and family over, celebrate holidays and birthdays, have BBQ's.....and on and on and on...

....but unfortunately, we do have to wait.  Moving day is not scheduled until late September....so until then, I will do what I do best - plan and organize and just enjoy the remaining time we will spend in the first house that Ben has called home.

Thanks to all who helped us make this happen (you know who you are) - it would have been impossible without you and we will be forever grateful!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Such a cute home! So happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post! I'm so glad everything is official. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy everything worked out and your home sweet home is finally yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay yay yay! So excited for you guys and glad that everything worked out! Can't wait for the housewarming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super happy for you and the fam! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats times 10!!! So happy for you and the family. Here's to many great memories in your new home!

    ReplyDelete