Saturday, September 1, 2012

5A

With moving day (hopefully) just a couple weeks away,  I'm finding myself a little bit sad (just a little bit) that we will be leaving what we have called home for the past five years.

2 months after we got married, Greg and I left our one bedroom apartment that we had lived in for 1.5 years that was a few blocks away.  It was here that we settled into our new lives as husband and wife. 

Soon after we were married, my friend Charisse moved in with us for a little over a year.  She lived in what is now Ben's bedroom.  I have so many fun memories of us staying up late, drinking red wine, watching episodes of Sex and the City, going to yoga classes together, and talking late into the night on the couch.  I think she is more sad that we are leaving than we are :)  (I reminded her that the new house will have our couch and red wine, too)!

It was here that we learned we were expecting a baby.  It was here where we brought Ben home from the hospital.

All of Ben's firsts happened here.  I am so happy to live in a time where nearly everything has been documented for us to look back on for years to come.  His first smile, the first time he laughed, when he first crawled and took his first steps.  I know I will feel sad that I cannot point to him and show him where those things happened like my parents can for me, but the memory can live on :)

While we are definitely ready to move on to our new home, I wanted to take some pictures to show Ben one day of the first house that was his home.


 
Our crazy Lion door

 
 
The sidewalk we walked down several mornings a week


 
The ugly, gold fireplace Ben refused to keep away from

 
Chasing Ben around the living room

 
Ben chasing Maxwell down the hall

 
 
Hanging out in the kitchen as I wiped down the counters or made dinner
 
 
Playing with dad in our shared outdoor space in the back
 
 
Watching cars out the window in his room

 
 
Ben's room that I spent SO much time planning and creating for him.
 
 
Enjoying his reflection in our floor-to-ceiling mirrored closet doors.
 
 
My mom bought this for Ben to "prepare" him for the move.  :)  I can't wait to share with you pictures from our NEW home!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment