Monday, September 10, 2012

"Nice and Warm"



I had to share this story, because after my mom told it to me this morning, I have found myself laughing about it several times throughout the day.

My mom and I were discussing plans for when we would be introducing Ben to whole milk.  Once Ben hits 1 year of age, we (me, my mom, Callie) will begin offering him regular whole milk with his meals.  I had told her that I was going to try giving him cold milk to see if he would take it, as it seemed easier and faster than warming up his milk each time. 

She agreed, and then told me about how when I was little, she continued to warm up my milk for a long time.

So long, in fact, that when she would attempt to offer it to me cold, I would hand it back to her and say,

"Nice and warm".
 
 
She guesses that whenever she would warm it up for me, she would hand it to me and say, "nice and warm" so that is where I got it from, but it still cracks me UP that I would say that.
 
I don't hear many stories about my being a particularly difficult child......although, they decided to stop with one...so maybe I was?
 
Anyway, I love toddler-me....and it's hilarious to see that my bossiness is something I was born with.  And also, I cannot ever imagine Ben behaving this way.  He seems way too go with the flow to demand a different temperature for his milk.
 
Knocking. On. Wood.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment