Friday, September 14, 2012

Stitch Fix



A few weeks ago, I read about this company on another blog, and within minutes I found myself requesting an invite to join!

As a mom, the time that I have for myself is drastically reduced.  (Duh).  I used to have the luxury of wandering around the mall to do my own shopping.  I could run out to the grocery store at any time if I needed a few last minute items for dinner.  On the weekends, I could wake up in the morning, look at the various yoga schedules around, and choose which class I wanted to go to. 

In an effort to spend my "me" time more productively, I am finding myself gravitating towards any and all online ordering and delivery services.  IF ONLY I could find/afford someone to deliver us dinner each night.  (Mom?)  ;)

Anyway, (pardon the tangent) I came across this company called Stitch Fix.

How it works (in a nutshell):

1.  You request an invite (they are slowly expanding and are in beta-testing right now).

2.  Once invited, you create a style profile: what you are looking for, your sizes, what price range you are comfortable shopping in, identifying trends you like/hate, etc.

3. Choose when you would like your shipment, (aka "fix") to arrive.

4.  They (the Stitch Fix stylists) will select 5 items based on your profile and ship them to you!

5.  You try on each item, decide if you want to keep it (based on how it fits, the price, etc.) and send back what you don't want to keep.

Shipping to/from is free.  The only cost (other than the price of the clothes you choose to keep) is a $20 styling fee. If you keep nothing, you are charged the $20 fee.  If you keep one, two or ALL five items, the $20 fee is applied towards the cost of the clothing you keep!  And if you keep all five items, you also get 25% off the whole order!  Uh, score?

Anyway, my first fix arrived today and I think they did a great job!  One of my favorite parts is that they also send a little style guide with each item with ideas of how to wear it.



I'm keeping 2 of the 5 items.

 
Fun tank that I think will be cute under a cardi and/or belted
 
 
Striped shirt - because I love anything with stripes
 
I'm sending back the following items:

 
While I love the color and the pattern is cute, I think
(and my coworkers agreed) that it feels a little "old" for me.

 
I so wanted to love this jacket.  Unfortunately, it is just a little too
similar to a black sweater I already own so I couldn't
justify the purchase.

 
Again, this scarf was great, but I have about a zillion scarfs.

So, for those of you that are into BirchBox or Citrus Lane, here is another "mystery delivery" service for you to enjoy!  (And yes, these referral links hook me up, so feel free to use them) :)






3 comments:

  1. Love this, and you got me! Just waiting for my invite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of Wittlebee? It's monthly clothes for kids, but not something you can return, so I'd compare it to Citrus Lane. I also don't subscribe since Maeve has enough outfits to clothe a medium sized African village, but if you ever do it and discover it's awesome, let me know! ;) What's a few more outfits? #firstworldtoddlerproblems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh jeeze, I just looked into Wittlebee - how CUTE. If I do end up trying it for Ben, it won't be until he has gone through all of his current sized stuff. He too has an abundance of clothes at the moment! Maybe one day when I stop the Citrus Lane shipments, I'll try this one for awhile? Fun!

      Delete