Thursday, March 20, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of March 24th

Review from last week:

This roasted red pepper/prosciutto stuffed chicken is one of my favorite recipes lately.  I had it (with brussels sprouts) the next day for lunch also and it was great as a leftover.  I'm already craving it again, so it's going on the menu for this week again.



Our pizza party was a blast.  Toooooo much wine was consumed.  Easy to do when you are having fun and have nowhere to drive ;)


  
I also made corned beef, cabbage and potatoes paired with Irish soda bread that Becca and Jess brought over, (plus black and tans made by Greg), but I failed to take a picture!  It almost feels like it never happened! ;)

But I did get this adorable picture of Myles and Ben going for a wagon ride!



Having our blue apron meals this week was a dream.  I'm going to continue this next week.  The great thing is that it is easy to cancel (provided you give 6 days notice) so there is no pressure if you change your mind.

On Tuesday around noon, my Blue Apron box showed up on my front porch.  It had ice packs to keep everything cool, was neatly organized with labels on all of my ingredients, and included laminated 8x10 recipe cards with clear, step by step instructions (with pictures and everything)!  


From our box we made:

1.  Cabbage rolls stuffed with beef, rice and tomato sauce.  Greg's feedback was that it needed more of a "kick" (and he probably could have done without the cabbage part), but I loved it.  



2.  Blood Orange Roasted Salmon with a salad consisting of cucumber, chickpea, red onion, fresh dill and goat cheese - tossed in EVOO, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Freaking DELICIOUS and possibly one of my favorite meals I've had in a long time.  This meal alone convinced me to try this service for at least another week.  Greg has never been a big fan of salmon, but apparently prepared the right way he is very into it! 



3. Two-Cheese Chicken Quesadilla with chive sour cream and spinach and apple salad.  This was another great one.  Chives + sour cream (and a squeeze of lime juice) is the bomb.



Friday:  Shauna and Bronson are coming over to hang after work - so I thought tomato basil soup and grilled cheese would be an easy, kid-friendly dinner (plus I never made it last week as planned).

Saturday:  I'll be teaching yoga Saturday afternoon, so I think I'll ask Greg to make Salad Tacos for us to have when I get home.

Sunday:  Roasted Tomato Linguine (from Kitchen Revelry).  

Monday: Roasted Red Pepper with Prosciutto stuffed chicken breast and roasted veggies.

Tuesday: Blue Apron Meal: Turkey Burger Sliders and Arugula Salad.

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Pan-Seared Cod and Roasted Red Potatoes.

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Fennel-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

1 comment:

  1. Just made that prosciutto and chicken recipe - so delicious! Thanks for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete