Monday, October 27, 2014

I have TWO Grandmas!!



For weeks before Marcia arrived to visit us, we had been telling Ben that Grandma was coming to stay for a few weeks. He was excited and totally seemed to understand what was going to happen - we started referring to the spare room as "Grandma's room" and talked about all the fun we were going to have.

When Greg and Marcia showed up after she arrived in Seattle, Ben and I were inside yelling "Grandma is here!!!"....but when Marcia got out of the car, Ben was TOTALLY CONFUSED, haha!  He adjusted in about 10 seconds, but I could tell that he had been expecting my mom to get out of the car.  (The last time Marcia was here to visit, Ben was not quite 2 years old - I'm absolutely confident that the memory of her visit this year will stick and there will be no more confusion in the future) :)

That night, I heard Greg explaining to Ben in the shower that he had TWO grandmas, and now every time we ask him to, he will count and say "I have 1, 2 Grandmas"!  How lucky is he :)

No comments:

Post a Comment