Friday, October 31, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of November 3rd

Review from last week:

I really enjoyed all of the Blue Apron dinners this week!  All three of them felt new and contained flavors I don't typically cook with.  My favorite was the dish from Top Chef - Congee with caramelized pork:



The salmon over farro was also great, but the brussels sprouts and beet salad that went with it was my favorite part!  (Also, Guinness Blonde is my new favorite beer right now).



Rachel and Raleigh came over to pick up a few items for Rachel's Halloween Costume, and since Greg was at the dentist, she got to enjoy the Greek Style Braised Chicken Thighs with me.  




I currently have our favorite Tomato Basil Soup started in the crock pot, and last night I baked a loaf of homemade bread to make grilled cheese to go with it tonight to have after trick or treating!!

Tomorrow, since I actually (surprisingly) don't have a bunch of vegetables to use up, I'm going to make Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.....OR we will pick up Indian food take out, because CRAVINGS.

Plan for next week:
I'm taking advantage of an introductory trial from Plated (Blue Apron's competition), just to see what they are all about.

Monday: Left over Italian Wedding Soup (from last week's meal plan) or meatball naan pizza (working through our always-over-stuffed freezer)!

Tuesday: Trader Joe's Quinoa Superfood Pilaf (found in the frozen section) with pan-seared chicken breasts.

Wednesday: Plated - Pork Chops with Cider Gravy and Roasted Fennel Apple Salad


Thursday: Plated - Beef and Brussels Sprouts Stir-Fry over Brown Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment