Monday, November 17, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of November 17th

Review from last week:

We had a nice dinner with Brenna, Noah and Paige last Friday (failed to take a picture, though)!

The Cougans came over the next night and that was fun!  I found it amusing that both nights were very early nights due to both families having babies under 1 year old!  Times sure are changing :)




I made the chicken and potato florentine soup and even after halving the recipe still ended up with WAY too much soup.

The Blue Apron meals were 2/3.  The flank steak, creamed kale (yum) and sunchokes 2 ways was really great.  Greg especially liked this one.


The salmon with barley-fennel risotto was surprisingly good.  Interesting tastes and textures that I really liked.


I actually hated the Thai chicken meatballs so much than I didn't eat it after a few bites.  That rarely happens with Blue Apron.  Perhaps I was off my cooking game that night.


We had steak and scallops again with roasted brussels and delicata, which I hadn't cooked before but it's delicious and you can actually eat the skin!


Over the weekend I made a batch of creamy lentil soup that was very simple, tasty and low calorie (which is necessary after all this indulgence lately)!



And finally, this Sunday we had Lisa and Evan over for brunch.  Lisa made eggnog french toast and whipped cream, and I made eggs and these breakfast grilled cheese sandwiches that Greg said he was super skeptical of when I was preparing them but he absolutely loved.

That evening I grilled some chicken on the panini press and finally made the bag of frozen "superfood pilaf" from trader joes (quinoa, kale, sweet potato, carrots) and it was completely delicious and I plan to keep a bag in my freezer from now on.



Plan for next week:

We have been doing lots of cooking the past few weeks, so the goal for this week is to only buy necessities to use up what we have.  (I feel like I say that a lot - but for real, we have a lot of food to keep us eating well through the week)!

Monday: Salad (using up the random vegetables and cabbage in the fridge) with toasted hazelnuts and goat cheese and left over lentil soup.

Tuesday: Butter Chicken and roasted vegetables.

Wednesday: Trader Joe's chicken pot pie bites and roasted veggies.

Thursday: Sauteed cod and salad or fish and chips!


No comments:

Post a Comment