Friday, September 30, 2016

Meal Planning: Week of October 3rd

Review from last week:

Greg has been making a habit of hijacking my beef that I've intended to use for other things and insisting upon BBQ'ing burgers.  And since he cooks the most delicious burgers, I'm always okay with it.  But I'm learning that I need to keep extra in the freezer!


We made some jerk pork (with pork tenderloin instead of pork shoulder, which I will say is much leaner, but I won't be doing again).  We had it three ways this week (only one way documented):

1. Jerk pork with quinoa/rice
2. Jerk pork with macaroni and cheese and BBQ sauce (don't judge, just try it)
3. Jerk pork nachos:


Plan for next week:

Saturday: We are going to Laryd's football game on Saturday afternoon and then heading to Dan and Jeannette's for dinner.

Sunday: Lagered Chili for dinner and Chicken Pot Pie for the week.  (I've been finding myself short on lunch and dinners the past few weeks, so I'm making something extra just in case.  Chicken Pot Pie freezes so well, so if I need to, I'll do that).

Monday: Leftovers

Tuesday: Blue Apron Meal: Fresh Pimento Cheeseburgers with Collard Green & Carrot Slaw

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Crispy Chicken Milanese with Warm Brussels Sprout & Potato Salad

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Seared Cod & Udon Noodles with Shiitake Broth & Togarashi-Spiced Cucumber

Friday: Pizza Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment