Friday, May 26, 2017

Aulani Trip 2017 - Day 5

I finally had to stop and take a picture of the adorable wall paper in the halls of Aulani.  So cute.


I only managed to snap a few photos this day, but after breakfast (at Island Vintage Coffee of course) the entire morning was spent at the pool going round and round through the lazy river!

We got an early treat for Ben before waiting in line to meet Mickey and Minnie!

 

 

 

As the week went on, Ben wanted to spend more and more time at Aunty's Beach House.  I had mixed feelings about it because HELLO it's so nice to have him entertained and happily playing with the friends he met there, but I also missed having him with us some of those times.  But don't worry - I didn't dwell on it too hard because Greg and I were able to have lots of fun!

This was the evening he was signed up for Surf's Up with Chip and Dale!

From Aulani:   

Surf's Up With Chip and Dale
Chip and Dale are excited to share their love of surfing and the beach with everyone! During this surf-themed party, kids can:
  • Decorate their own wooden mini-surfboard
  • Dine with new friends
  • Dance with Chip and Dale
  • Enjoy a themed dinner
  • Receive a special cinch bag and decorated mini-surfboard
While he was having the time of his life, Greg and I headed back to Longhi's for dinner!

 

 

This was also when I took the time to call the Luau company that we had purchased our non-refundable, not-cheap tickets ahead of time from and wouldn't get off the phone until they agreed to refund them.  You see, we had been told that this was the best Luau on the island and I wanted to secure us seats, however, then we remembered that while WE love the food, Ben was unlikely to eat any of it - and he was also very likely to not be interested in the entire show.  When I emailed to ask them for a refund they denied me.  Greg encouraged me to call and I cannot tell you how satisfied I was when they agreed to give us our money back!!

We celebrated with a guilt-free round of drinks back at the hotel and listened to some life music :) 


Another day, another beautiful sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment