Friday, January 19, 2018

Meal Planning: January 20th - 26th

Review from last week:

BLT Salmon Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette


Tried this new recipe and failed to put enough cream cheese inside the chicken breast, which made it a little dry as a result.  Next time I'll over do it with the cheese and I think it will be delicious.
 


Clam Spaghetti made by my mom with a kale salad!  Still one of my all time favorite dishes.


At Ben's school, they have something called the "2 Bite Club".  I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you need to do to join, but Ben now identifies as a member of this club and as a result has become more willing to try foods that aren't on his previously approved list.  This night, he had requested mac and cheese - so instead I offered him butter noodles with Parmesan and he agreed! (I realize this is such a kid-friendly dish that most kids should already be down with, but for us it's a milestone.  The other night, in fact, he tried 2 sips of my mango and papaya smoothie, and has asked Greg to make steak for him to try this weekend!).


LOVED this new recipe.  Spiralized sweet potato cooked with cabbage, topped with Thai peanut sauce and baked tofu (marinated in soy sauce).  I'll make this one again. 


Plan for next week:

I'm trying to stick to a relatively healthy meal plan that Greg (and maybe even Ben??) will still be on board with...

Saturday: Out to eat

Sunday: Grilled Steaks with Salad

Monday:
Baked Chicken Parmesan with Kale Salad


Tuesday: Grilled Burgers

Wednesday: BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta and Avocado with Rotisserie Chicken

Thursday: Turkey Taco Salad

Friday: Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment