Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012! New Year, New Schedule

First post of the year!  I am so happy that I chose to start a blog last year, as this has served as a personal journal AND baby book all at once!  My fellow blogger- friend, Maureen, told me about a website called Blog2Print, where you can print out a hard copy of your blog - and my first book, 2011, is on its way to me now.

Yesterday was my first official day as a working mom, and my first day working at the office and away from Ben.  I would be lying if I said this was easy.  I cried when I put Ben down in his crib on Sunday night, knowing that I would not have much interaction (other than feeding him) until after work the following day.  (Little did I know that Ben would choose that night of ALL nights to wake up 3 times). 

So on Monday morning, I drove my very tired self to work (stopping at Starbucks and participating on a conference call along the way).  I was the first to arrive at the office.  As I sat there at my desk, changing my voice mail greeting, removing my "Out of Office Assistant", and hanging my "Ben" calendar, I have to say I felt okay! 

The day really did fly by.  I had 2 meetings, I pumped in my office (so awkward), I got a bunch of paperwork done, and made a massive to-do list!  I got a few picture messages (and all kinds of text messages) from Greg, updating me on the day at home.  Ben did a great job taking his bottle!  I coordinated my lunch time around Ben's feeding schedule, AND Greg brought Ben in for his afternoon meal :) 

I received all kinds of supportive text messages, emails, and Facebook posts - and Rachel brought me brownies and a card!  This type of outreach is what makes the hard times manageable. 



And today was a work from home day!  I was able to get up an hour before Ben this morning (who, by the way, was nice and let his mom SLEEP last night) and got some work done!  I also was able to work a ton today during his naps and while he was otherwise occupied, and spent some good quality time with him reading books and snuggling when he was up and alert.


What's next on our to-do list, mom?


Here is Ben in his Jumper/Activity Station that Hil and John bought for him.  He is still not at the required age (4 months) and is definitely not quite tall enough....but while supervised, he seems to be SUPER into it!  So cute.  So focused.


No comments:

Post a Comment