Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grandma Ingle - Update

If it sounds like I'm bragging, it's because I am :)
Having Marcia/Grandma Ingle/Mom here for the past week has been SUCH a blessing.  Seriously.  The only thing I can really compare it to is when I lived at home with my parents and my mom cooked and cleaned for me!  And of course back then, you don't appreciate it in the same way as you do after living on your own, working full time, and especially now that we have a baby.

I have not been allowed to do a load of laundry, dishes, or any kind of food preparation since she has arrived.  I think the only thing I have done on my own is put creamer in my coffee ;)  Marcia has done all of the grocery shopping, cooking, baking, laundry, bedding, and organizing around here - in addition to being a fantastic Ben-entertainer/snuggler. 

The other day she said to me, "Today I'm doing your bathrooms".  Today, she tackled one of my junk closets and organized it.  She has also purchased all kinds of cleaning products that she thinks I will like.  She even is making extra meals so we can freeze them and heat them up after she has left.  Ha!  While Greg is constantly telling her she is doing too much, I have resolved to just laugh and thank her, over and over again!  Having a son of my own, I know that one day I will absolutely love to help him and his family in whatever way I can - it will give me so much joy, just like I know it is giving her.

She also has encouraged Greg and I to go out and take time to ourselves, so the other night we took her up on that and grabbed some Happy Hour food and drinks. It was nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment