Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Travel Bag for Ben

We leave on a flight in just a couple weeks, and I have to admit - I'm not looking forward to it this time around. Ben was pretty good on his last flight, but he was 7 months old at that time and super easy to contain.

It has been suggested to me to have a "fun bag" for Ben containing new (small) toys and goodies that he has never seen before in an attempt to distract him and keep him relatively quiet.

So, parents - what are your favorite small toys, snacks, iPad apps, etc. that I can easily pick up for Ben?!  Amazon Prime eligible items are a plus :)

2 comments:

  1. Well you know I don't know much about flying with children, but with Maeve, she LOVES to play with anything that is ours, especially when she can sense we don't want her playing with it. This satisfaction trumps any toy or snack. I have lots of success with letting her empty out my wallet, letting her hold my keys and press the buttons on my key fob, she loves our small point and shoot camera and messing with the buttons, things like that. If you don't already have it, when Maeve was Ben's age she loved the PBS Kids app. She STILL loves it and watches it daily because now she knows how to navigate and pick out the clips she wants to watch herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's smart for you to bring a bag of toys he has never played with. Knowing Ben, the more buttons, the better! The hardest part will be takeoff and landing because they are pretty strict about how he must be held and 18 months is about the hardest age for that because they don't understand and they don't want to be held for long periods of time. Maybe pull out the lollipop for those times when he has to sit. That will also help with his ears since he'll be sucking on something. And when flying, always remember, the parents totally understand and you'll never have to see those people who don't again!

    ReplyDelete