Monday, September 15, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of September 15th

Review from last week:

I didn't stick to the menu plan as much as I normally do. 

We did, of course, make the blue apron dishes.  The tomato/ricotta pasta was amazingly simple and delicious.  I am SO fond of recipes that only require a handful of items, especially when those are things we usually keep fresh at all times.


The swiss chard and black bean tostadas were out of this world - once again proving that with the right recipe, you don't even miss the meat.  (Although, to be honest, it would have been bomb with some carnita meat mixed in).


One night I didn't feel like cooking at ALL so I just made arugula salad.


Another night Ben wasn't feeling well and required my attention, so Greg picked up Spaghetti Factory take out.  Yum.

I never made the sweet potato/lentil soup, but I DID make the potato leek - which I loved and Greg didn't care for.  I also repurposed the shrimp from one of the blue apron meals and made Thai/shrimp salad instead.

Plan for this week:

Monday:  Making the Eggplant Parmesan I haven't yet made from last week.

Tuesday:  Crock Pot Kalua Pork and Kristin and Craig (The Headlee's!!) are coming over for dinner.

Wednesday: Left overs

Thursday:  Trader Joe's Beef and Broccoli - I SWEAR I will finally make this.

Friday:  Okonomiyaki

Saturday: Chicken Pot Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment