Friday, September 19, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of September 22nd

Review from last week:

I'm sure I have said it before, but I can count on one hand the number of Blue Apron meals that have not been what I would describe as "absolutely delicious".  The eggplant Parmesan was one of them - but really, I'm sure it was more about the fact that it was eggplant and less to do with the recipe itself.  (Not pictured).

I seem to have failed to take a lot of pictures this week - except for the Okonomiyaki.  Yum.



The crockpot pork was SO GOOD that I actually made it twice this week.  Once on Tuesday when Kristin and Craig came over and we all partied like it was a Friday night ;)  Kristin brought over slaw with this dressing, and it was absolutely amazing.  

I currently have more pork simmering in my crockpot right now and will make a big batch of slaw to go with it tonight.

Finally, while this is not dinner, it HAS been in my life every day since I first discovered it.


I tend to get a little obsessive when I find something I like love want to marry and spend the rest of my life with.  This is my new thing.  #treatyoself

Plan for next week:

Saturday/Sunday: Chicken Pot Pie

Monday: Leftovers or something from the freezer.

Tuesday: Blackened Chile-Dusted Chicken with Zucchini Rice Pilaf and Corn-Tomato Salsa.

Wednesday:  AKA BEN'S 3RD BIRTHDAY!  No official plans yet, but I'm thinking something of the Red Robin or Chuckie Cheese variety for dinner that night.

Thursday: Chicken Tortilla Soup


Chicken Tortilla Soup

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans
  • 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (12 oz) can beer  (or 1 can chicken broth)
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
  • 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts  (1lb of chicken tenders)
  • shredded Cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  • tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS

Place the onion, kidney beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer or chicken broth, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker.  **Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend.  Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours. 
 

Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips

Friday: Leftover chicken tortilla soup

Saturday: Seared Scallops with Snap Peas and Pancetta

No comments:

Post a Comment