Friday, June 17, 2016

Meal Planning: Week of June 20th

Review from last week:

Tomato soup and salad from a bag.
 
Cod burgers (Blue Apron).  Good, not mind-blowing.


Peruvian Chicken, roasted potatoes and green beans with a creamy jalapeno sauce.  This one was amazing.  I love when Blue Apron uses simple ingredients that I can easily find and recreate again.  The green beans were cooked so simply (boiled for 4 minute, tossed in lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper), but they tasted so great and were perfectly done.  The diced potatoes tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper, and roasted for 28-30 minutes, were perfect.  And the chicken, seasoned with a rub of white vinegar, smoked paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper, was so great, too!  A combo I never would have thought of myself.  And finally, the creamy jalapeno sauce: mayo, lime zest, chopped cilantro, and chopped jalapeno - went super well with the chicken and potatoes.  I'll make this often, I'm sure.


I really liked the Beef Arepa's from Blue Apron, too.
 

Plan for next week:

Saturday: We are heading to the Washington Brewer's Festival on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day!  They will have lots of food trucks there so that is the plan for dinner.

Sunday: Roasted sweet potato fries, green beans and grilled chicken.

Monday: Beef and Bean Burritos (I've intended to make these for the past 2 weeks, so I'm finally getting around to it now.

Tuesday: Leftover enchiladas

Wednesday: I have a work dinner, so the boys can have macaroni and cheese tonight.

Thursday: I have frozen Trader Joe's items in my freezer that we plan to try tonight.

Friday: We are so lucky to have Raleigh spending the weekend with us!  I thought we would kick the night off with some pizza to celebrate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment