Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week(s) in Photos: Valentine's Day, A Haircut, and a few Selfies

Love finding selfies on my phone from Ben:


A few pictures from Valentine's Day:



Ben requested a "special Valentine's Day breakfast", so I cut strawberry hearts and threw them on a waffle.  It passed his test :)


In addition to Ben's "all things sports" obsession, he also seems to have memorized a random set of facts relating to which teams played each other, when, and what the final score was.  One day he was talking non-STOP to me about various games, and he said:

"MOM - do you remember when the Panthers played the Seahawks"?

Me: Um, nope.

"The score was 40-7 and the Seahawks won"!!

Me: Seriously?

So I asked Siri and SURE ENOUGH, he was right.  I'm impressed!  I told him he should be a sports broadcaster one day :)
 

Gymntastics play date with Freya:


Being cute in his monster towel:


Being less cute:


Accidentally almost blinding him with the flash:


Menchies night!


Selfies with one of the teachers at school:


Our Hamilton tickets for SF arrived and my mom and I are SO EXCITED for our upcoming trip!  (A little back story on these: the online ticket purchasing for these babies was INTENSE.  First, you had to be online RIGHT when the tickets went on sale.  Then, you were placed into a random queue to wait in line for your turn to buy them.  I signed in on three separate devices to increase my chances for getting a good spot in the line.  One one, I was 80,000ish in line (not a chance in hell), on another, I was 40,000 in line, (also unlikely), and in one I was 2,435ish in line (DEFINITELY GETTING TICKETS)!  After a 45 minute wait, I was allowed into the site and had exactly 15 minutes to find my tickets and purchase them.  I figured I would be able to select 2 standard seats for one of the dates of our choosing and buy them, however, after a few minutes it was proving to be a challenge to buy 2 standard seats!  The only ones that were coming up on my search were the PREMIUM seats - orchestra center and more than I intended to spend.  After about 10 minutes I started to freak out, thinking if I didn't just choose some seats and buy them, my time would be up and I would be kicked out.  I wound up with 2 sets of 2 PREMIUM seats ($$$$) and hitting purchase.

Within hours, the entire run in SF was sold out completely and I had 4 hot tickets in my hands.  And luckily (and not surprisingly), I managed to sell 2 of them on a third party ticketing site for a price that essentially pays for our entire trip: Hamilton tickets + hotel and then some.  


Ben, adorably, asked me one day (after we had let his hair grow a little long and crazy): "Could I please have a hairstyle"? :) So a  hairstyle he got.

No comments:

Post a Comment