Monday, August 28, 2017

The rest of our Staycation

On Wednesday, aka "Grandma Wednesday", Greg and I took full advantage and spent the entire day out and about.  We started with mani/pedi's at the nearby nail salon.  They were all so happy I brought my husband with me and did their best to convince Greg he should join me every time ;)


Next up was massages (which lucky for us, kind of, are covered by our insurance since we both have messed up backs).  

Then we came home to get ready for an afternoon/evening out!  We went straight down to Ballard and stopped at a few places for drinks before having dinner at Staple & Fancy.




Thursday ended up being a day of running errands, washing the cars, and cooking at home.  I took Ben over to play at the neighbors in the afternoon followed by his soccer practice. 

Friday Greg took Ben golfing while I had my hair done.  I literally cannot remember how we spent the rest of the day.

Saturday, however, was busy enough to make up for two low-key days.  Greg's day started at 7 am.  He had volunteered to be a part of the jamboree set up crew, and they took him up on that offer!  Ben and I met him at the field at 8:30 to begin our long day of soccer jamboree!

But first, coffee (and a bagel for Ben): 


Feeling so legit sitting in our new "soccer" (camping) chairs watching and screaming helpful tips to the players (yikes) from the sidelines.


In their jamboree dresses ;)


After the jamboree, we rushed off to Pepper's first birthday party!  Rachel executed a FLAWLESS farmer's market themed party and it was absolutely adorable (just like PEPPER)!








After Pepper's party, we went to Dan and Jeannette's for dinner and to watch the fight.  

On Sunday, aside from our regular weekend errands and prep for the upcoming week, my mom and I went to see The Big Sick which I cannot recommend enough!  Great movie :)

Sad to see that Staycation is over, but looking forward to a 3 day weekend ahead followed by KINDERGARTEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment