Monday, February 7, 2011

8 Weeks!

One of my absolute favorite things about other mom-to-be blogs is the weekly pregnancy survey!  I find myself referring back to my friends' blogs to see what was going on with them when they were ___ weeks along, and perhaps others will do the same with this blog :)  Since there is no physical evidence that I am pregnant yet, I do not have a picture - but I promise to start posting them in a few weeks!


How far along: 8 weeks
Weight gain: Not yet!
How big is baby: According to my weekly Baby Center email, the baby is the size of a kidney bean.
Maternity clothes: No
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Oh you know, only about 10+ hours a night, every night ;)
Best moment this week: It actually was last week, but seeing the baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound was pretty spectacular!
Movement: Nothing from the baby yet, but as for myself, I have been pretty lazy this week.  I'm getting myself back in action tonight!
Food Cravings: Cheeseburgers have sounded/tasted better than ever.  So have bananas and peanut butter.  What has surprised me the most is my lack of cravings for sweets!  Before getting pregnant I was all about the chocolate, but now - not so much?
Labor Signs: NO!
Belly button in or out: Uh, in.
What I miss: I've struggled the past few weeks with feeling as if everything in my life is about to change, which clearly it is.  It's an odd adjustment to go from living your life and making decisions entirely for yourself, to thinking about how each and every choice might affect the baby.  I'm doing a lot better with this concept now - but hopefully this time of reflection will only help me in the future!
What I'm looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to the first trimester being OVER!  I have 4 weeks left, which is manageable.  I'm very much looking forward to sharing the news with my boss/coworkers and starting to brainstorm what my life as a working-mom will look like.
Weekly wisdom: My friends are so amazing - I'm lucky to have many moms to share opinions/concerns and ask questions to!  This week my friend Steph, who I have designated as my motivator for all things exercise-related, suggested that instead of trying to tackle working out with a "45 minutes or nothing at all" mentality, I try to break up my fitness goals into 15 minute increments.  So far this has been EXTREMELY helpful to get me going again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment