Monday, October 24, 2011

1 month old





Today Ben turned 1 whole month old!  (Insert cliche parent statement here of how shocking it is that they are this old already...it's SO TRUE THOUGH).  The past month has completely flown by and it has been the most wonderful month of our lives!  It surprising how much we aren't missing the care-free life we once lived (although pregnancy/being married to a prego definitely helps ease that transition I'm sure). 

In the past 2 days I SWEAR Ben is starting to smile in response to our smiles (it's happened a handful of times).  It could just be a coincidence that he is smiling as Greg and I cheesily beam in his face, but I'm convinced he is smiling on purpose ;) 

Ben has been showing increased interest in lifting his head up while laying on our chests.  It's so cute - he seems SO determined to press up and work that neck control. 




He has been grabbing my hair and necklace lately as well.  And speaking of my necklace, I forgot to previously mention the awesome "push present" Greg got for me.  It is so awesome - exactly what I would have picked out myself :)



We have had exactly 2 nights where Ben had some trouble sleeping at night.  Each time he woke up to eat he was incredibly fussy when we put him back down to sleep (which previously he had had no issues with).  I figured out that he was just HUNGRIER than he had been before, so we have since made sure that he is completely full before putting him back to bed.  He is back to being a self-soothing champ (for now).

This kid is so loved.  Happy 1 month, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment