Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tauts Wrap - Update

Over the summer, I wrote about the Tauts Post Pregnancy Wrap I had purchased for after delivery.  I was so eager to see how the wrap worked, and I'm sorry to say I have not even used the darn thing :/

I had packed the wrap in my hospital bag, and on Saturday after Ben was born I even tried wearing it for a few hours.  The thing is, the post-pregnancy hormones were causing me to be SO FREAKING HOT.  My doctor said it was due to a massive drop in estrogen.  Anyway, between that and the doctors constantly coming in to check on me in the hours after delivery, I decided to just take it off and not bother with it for awhile.

When we got home, I was still hot...and totally distracted by my new baby.  I have not tried to put it back on, however I'm happy to say that I don't think it is needed anymore.  Unless the wrap helps to tone my muscles, I don't really need assistance to reduce with swelling as that seemed to resolve itself on its own.

I'm looking forward to being fully "healed", if you will, so that I can work in a few sun salutations into my daily routine to help shed the remaining pregnancy pounds.  Until then, I'm just going to allow my body to do it's thing.

If anybody wants to give my barely used wrap a try, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment