Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 2 Updates!



I can already tell that my blogging frequency is going to suffer now that I have this little guy in my life to stare at look after :)  After a solid week of what I can only assume was a mix of adrenaline and pure joy, reality has set in a bit and I've realized that I actually DO need to sleep and get enough rest instead of worrying about the various house work and laundry that needs to be done.
We have had a bunch of visitors spoiling us with food and loving on our little guy.  It has been so nice that everyone has wanted to make the trip over to see us!  This week, I'm focusing on actually sleeping while Ben sleeps (which, lucky for us, is a lot) and trying to take care of myself a little better.  It's crazy how easy it is to forget to eat and sleep when there is something so much more important to pay attention to!

Ben is now....11 days old!  He continues to be our little zen baby.  He only cries when cold or if he has gas, and we have to wake him up at night to make sure that he is eating.  Leaving the house has become a challenge - it is most definitely a 2 person job and not something I strive to handle on my own too often yet. 

Parenthood has been entirely different that I imagined it to be....in the best possible way!  I think I imagined myself to go unchanged by the experience of becoming a mom - that I would wish to continue on with my normal life as I had been, finding some aspects of caring for a newborn to be...inconvenient.  I was entirely wrong.  I welcome every diaper change, load of laundry, and vomit clean up as it is all part of making sure Ben is happy, healthy, clean and safe.  Soon I will have to learn to balance my "new" life out to make time for other things like work and yoga, but for now - this is all I want to be doing. 

Here are some pictures from the past few days:



I have no idea if he can even see these toys or is getting anything out of them yet...but shoot, we have lots of time to give them a try anyway!


We went for our first walk :)


Just being cute in his monkey blanket

On the agenda for tonight - his first REAL bath.  Up until now it has just been a series of sponge baths, but his belly button thing fell off today (gross) so we can finally get this kid in his frog bath :)

No comments:

Post a Comment