Monday, December 26, 2011

Ben's First Christmas


When I found out I was pregnant earlier this year, (just a few weeks after Christmas 2010), I was thrilled when I realized we would have a baby with us for Christmas 2011!  But in reality, this holiday season did not feel Christmasy at ALL to us for some reason.  Perhaps it is because we have already received the greatest gift of all?  (And maybe also because Greg and I bought ourselves enough this year already and chose not to exchange gifts with one another). 

It was fun taking Ben to see Santa, and it was very fun purchasing some of the books and toys we know he will be enjoying in the upcoming months, but for the most part we felt we had temporarily lost our holiday spirit...

...until Christmas Day!

When we arrived at my parents house on Christmas Morning, I suddenly felt all of the things I typically feel on this day.  My mom had decorated the house beautifully!  We instantly smelled my favorite danish cooking in the oven.  We were handed salted caramel lattes (with Christmas sprinkles!) that my mom had made for us!  And we could see a mountain of presents for Benny waiting under the tree :)

We all enjoyed a delicious breakfast together (at a festively decorated table), opened up our stockings and presents, sat around and enjoyed one another's company (and wine!) and finished up the evening with another amazing meal.  It was SO special having Ben there with us.  Although he doesn't quite understand Christmas yet, he DID really seem into some of the toys he received!  It is going to be so much fun as he grows into them in the upcoming months.

Thanks, mom and dad, for making the day SO special!
























No comments:

Post a Comment