Monday, February 13, 2012

Back in the Studio

Last night I taught my first yoga class in over 6 months!!  I have to admit, I was a little nervous that I might forget a pose or get out of order somehow, but it was just like riding a bike.  I think the fact that I have probably taught this particular yoga sequence at least 250 times helped a little! 

I got to the studio a little early, turned on the lights, and just took a moment to myself to think about how GREAT it felt to be there.  It was warm and cozy and QUIET (which is a quality that has been lacking lately with Ben's newly developed squeal/shriek/scream thing he has been doing)!  A few of the students that I have been teaching for years showed up to class, and seemed equally excited to see me as I was to see them.  Such a great feeling!

I showed everyone that would look a picture of Ben, too.  The last time many of them had seen me I was 7 months pregnant, so I figured they might want to put a face to the belly.

The class went off without a hitch - I swear, I could recite those 90 minutes of yoga instruction in my sleep (and I think I have on occasion)!

After class, on my way home, I realized that even if it may be a challenge to break away from Ben and Greg sometimes, it is absolutely worth it for the continued feeling of....zen that I take home with me.  It's still lingering this morning!

Can't wait to get back to the studio to take a class, and teach a few more soon!

Oh, and it just so happens that Hot Yoga of Mill Creek is running a Groupon special TODAY for new students: $29 for 20 Hot Yoga classes.  Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment