Friday, February 10, 2012

Why Blogging is (And Why Women Are) Awesome

Do you want to know why blogging is so awesome?  Because today, out of the blue, one of my problems was solved for me.  Just like that!  I received an email from my friend (and fellow working mom) Crystal who read my blog recently and offered up her method of effective meal planning and grocery shopping.  Since my organization and planning efforts (which were once some of my sharpest skills) are a bit challenged as of late, this came at the perfect time!

Seriously, (and not to stereotype here by any means), but what CAN'T women do?  Whether a mom or not, a working woman or working-at-home woman, no matter the age or stage in life, I continue to be amazed at the ladies in my world.  Every day I am impressed with something one of them is doing: at a challenge one is facing (head on!), at a new position one is taking (and rocking), a problem one is solving, a marathon one is running, a charity event one is coordinating, etc. etc. ETC.  The tips and advice that is shared among us all is so valuable to me, and I'm so totally grateful to have such a powerful network.

(And note to future wife of Ben - you are a lucky lady!  I assure you that Ben will be growing up in an environment where he understands just how powerful and amazing women are - because he is surrounded by them)! :)

So, back to the meal planning!  Crystal has 3 weeks of meals planned (working on a 4th) that she rotates - and below the weekly plan has a grocery list of all of the items required for those meals.  She then can just check off the items she knows she already has, and bam - her grocery list is complete!  I mean seriously, how easy is this - I cannot wait to get started!

I love the fact that she does not have a Friday meal planned, as that is the night where her husband brings home a meal for them.  That is part of their "deal", which to me:

a) is awesome
b) is an amazing concept to me that someone can work all day, be a mom in the evenings, AND get dinner on the table 6 out of 7 days a week.

Dang.

Here are her meal plans.  (She also sent me the recipes, which I will be incorporating into my life).  Greg is not going to see this coming!  Goodbye, regular trips to Taco Bell and Pho takeout :)

THANK YOU, CRYSTAL!




No comments:

Post a Comment