Friday, February 17, 2012

February 16th, 2012 - A great day to be born!

On Thursday, February 16th, not one, but TWO of my dear friends had BEAUTIFUL little baby girls!  I was a ball of nerves that entire morning, as I knew a bunch of lives were about to be changed in the most wonderful way - and they were, within just a couple hours of each other!

On Wednesday evening, I got a call from our friend/neighbor Garrett, who informed me that his wife Robin was being induced that night!  They had been at a routine doctor appointment that afternoon (right before they were going to tour the hospital), and they learned that Robin's water had broken and they needed to get labor going soon!  While they knew that she was getting VERY close to her due date (lots of contractions this past week), I don't think they were expecting to get that news!  Garrett called to let me know we would be on dog duty the following morning, dropped off the key, and took his very stunned-looking self straight back to the hospital! 

We got the news on Friday morning that baby Graycen Elizabeth Smith was born at 9:02 am weighing a teeny, tiny 5 lbs 9 oz and 18 inches long!  Greg, Ben and I get to meet her this evening - SO excited for this baby that I feel like I have been waiting forever to meet :)




Our friends Hilary and John down in San Diego had a more "planned" approach to their birth, as Hilary was scheduled for a C-Section on Thursday at 10:30 am.  I had been texting with her the night before and that morning before she was admitted.  She was super anxious, but I know it all had to do with the magnitude of meeting her DAUGHTER!  Hil and I have talked for hours on end with my recounting for her just how incredible the first moments with Ben were, and she was so, so anxious to know what I was talking about!  Here was our last text exchange:

Hil: I am excited and anxious and nervous and thrilled and John is playing every collaboration of "Sweet Child of Mine". It's funny.

Me: ADORABLE.  How will I get anything done this morning?

Hil: Have your phone by you at all times!

Me: DUH - EEK!

Hil: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I then continued to text with her mom and sister up until that little baby was born!


Violet Isela Lynn Rivera was born at 11:29 am!  She was 7 lbs, 12 oz and 19.5 inches long (almost the exact same size as Ben!!) 



It is absolute torture that I cannot be there to hold little V in her first few days.  NOT FAIR!  I did, however, book flights for the Ingle fam to fly down and visit them in May - that trip cannot come soon enough!

Friends, I am so happy for you all and the journey that has begun for you.  Life will NEVER be the same and you will never want for it to be :)  Looking forward to sharing many memorable experiences with these kiddos over the years!

I think the class of 2030 is going to do some great things in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment