Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter



We had a fun Easter this year!  We started the day at home, by giving Ben his Easter "bag".  I didn't want to go out and buy a basket, especially since he doesn't really "get" the holiday quite yet.  I had bought him a few books, a couple toy cars, and a toy airplane that makes fun sounds. 

Next, we moved on to my parents' house for Easter brunch!  My mom made us lattes and eggs benedict, and had an Easter "tub" for Ben (including candy for us) :)


We finished up with dying some Easter eggs.  My mom wants to do this every year, and while I never really want to, it always ends up being kind of fun...and then I have hard-boiled eggs for snacks for the rest of the week!  Ben happily hung out in his pack and play, playing with his toys.  AND, after zero #2 diapers for 5 days, "laid his own egg", if you will. 

(Don't mind me, I just cracked myself up with that on Easter as Greg was cleaning him up.  Had to include it to laugh about for years to come).



We then drove back home and my mom came over to hang with Ben so Greg and I could go see The Hunger Games!  I was so excited to FINALLY see a movie, particularly a movie that I had been anticipating after reading the book awhile back.  I thought it was great - Greg thought it could have been a little more "bloody".


No comments:

Post a Comment