Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Cougan



So, it's the morning after the big wedding day, and I am still finding myself getting a little misty-eyed at the fact that two of our favorite people in the world have made it official!  There is so much to recap from one of the most special days I have spent, but here is my attempt.

(More pictures to come soon - I only snapped a few yesterday)!

First a quick recap of the days leading up to the big day!

On Thursday evening, Rachel's mom Laurie threw a bridal shower for Rachel so that her out-of-town family and friends (and bridesmaids!) could celebrate with her.  The group gathered at Rachel and Peter's house for some fun games (musical bouquet!) and delicious food!  I was only able to stay a little over an hour as I needed to get home to Ben, and I am still regretting that I didn't take an extra plate of food to go :)  It was SO good.  Below are a few pictures:







On Friday night, we had the wedding rehearsal and a very fun (and delicious) rehearsal dinner at the Alexis Hotel's Library Bistro.  It felt so surreal to be hanging out with the bridal party, the family and very close friends of the bride and groom, knowing that the next day was the day that we (seemingly) have been waiting forever for!  It has only been a year since Rachel and Peter got engaged, but this special day was one that we have been waiting for and talking about for a long time. 






Most of the bridesmaids stayed with Rachel at the hotel that night, but Greg and I needed to head home and relieve my mom of her babysitting duties.  I also knew that I had a lot to pack up and get prepared for being away all day on Saturday, and I wanted to make sure I got a little time in with Ben on Saturday morning. 

Waking up on Saturday morning was such a great feeling!  THE day had arrived and I was so eager to get started!  Greg and Ben drove me to the store to pick up breakfast for us all to eat while getting ready at the hotel, and then dropped me off to be with the girls for hair and make up.  It was a very leisurely few hours as we all got our hair and make up done. 


Rebecca doing her sister's hair!

At about 2:30, we grabbed Uber cars and went over to The Hall at Fauntleroy in West Seattle, which is where the wedding and reception would take place.  Becca, Rachel's friend and day of wedding coordinator, had been at the venue all day (getting her coordination on), so she was able to keep Peter (who was already there with the groomsmen) away so Rachel could sneak in without him catching a glimpse.

After Rachel got into her wedding dress, it was time for the big reveal!  I knew it was bound to be an emotional night when I was on the verge of tears watching them see one another for the first time!  (Side note - thank goodness this wedding did not take place when my post-partum hormones were in full gear - I never would have made it through the day)!   

From that point, it was all about pictures and waiting for the ceremony to start!


Me and Maureen


So, the make up artist enjoyed poking fun at my totally pale skin all morning....but as this photo clearly shows, he was not lying.  Ready for a vacation!

The ceremony was short, but incredibly sweet.  Next up was a cocktail hour, followed by the reception!  I don't yet have pictures of all of the wonderful details and personal touches, so I will elaborate on that when I am able to steal some from another blog or Facebook :)

We had a delicious sit down dinner, gave speeches, enjoyed homemade (by close friends and family of the bride and groom) desserts, and danced the night away. 
 
 

I have to say, this wedding had some of the best music selections joined together with the most fun, hilarious, outgoing group of wedding guests I have ever seen on one dance floor.  Here is one final photo I snapped of Mr. and Mrs. Cougan during the last dance (as they belted out the song lyrics to one another).


Total Eclipse of the Heart

Rachel and Peter - I was so, SO honored to be included in your special day.  You two mean the world to me, (to US) and to stand up there with you and witness your marriage is a moment I will cherish forever.  I know that you two will take care of each other and will have such a happy and fulfilling life as a married couple.  We love you both so much!

Oh, and I was entrusted with the very important task of sending in their marriage licence :)  I'm dropping this bad boy off in the mail RIGHT NOW! 



3 comments:

  1. You blogged already! Excellent. :)

    Love you so much, BFF. Thanks for all your love, support and "laying down the law" this last week,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such an excellent day, and you are an excellent friend, Jessica! Yay for Rachel and Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last pic.

    "FOREVER'S GONNA START TONIGHT!!!!"

    ReplyDelete