Friday, November 30, 2012

Meal Planning - Week of December 3rd

Last week was a delicious one!  The eggnog pancakes were seriously amazing (we had them Sunday morning and plan to have them again tonight) and I recommend trying them!  Just replace the milk in your favorite pancake recipe (boxed or from scratch) and voila!  Ben was a big fan.  Our Sunday night dinner was also super delicious - but talk about making what could have been a healthy meal (fish, vegetables, salad), a fattening one (buerre blanc sauce on the fish, prosciutto and goat cheese on the salad, butter on the bread). 

In an effort to make it through the holidays without gaining 20 lbs, the focus this week will be healthy, low(er) calorie meals with optional carby add ons for Greg and Ben.

Also, I still have a lot of fruit left from last week's produce box, so I am going to do a vegetable box this week and add on a pound of brussels sprouts.

Veggie Box:

Celeriac (which I think is celery root)
Winter Squash
Bunch of Carrots
Mixed Mini Bell Peppers
Sunchokes
White Mushrooms
Tomatoes

No soup this week, because I'm obsessed with quinoa.  I think I'll make quinoa salads to take with me to work instead!
 
Monday: Pesto Pasta with Spinach and Peas - Definitely making 1/2 of this recipe only, and I think I will add some chicken to this. This is one of those sneak-in-the-vegetables type of recipes. I think I need to start doing more of this....

Tuesday: Crispy Black Bean Tacos (with chips and salsa).

Wednesday: Boca Burgers and roasted brussels sprouts.

Thursday: Cod and quinoa chard pilaf and probably more roasted brussels sprouts.  (My fav right now).

Friday: Winter Root and Vegetable Soup (with garlic bread) - The plan will be to roast whatever I have left of the carrots, winter squash, sunchokes and celeriac on Thursday and then make the soup Friday when I get home from work.  I'm not going to follow this recipe exactly (which makes me VERY nervous, BTW) but I'll throw it all together and hope for the best! We may end up eating a frozen pizza this night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment