Friday, November 23, 2012

Meal Planning - Week of November 26th

I feel odd planning another week of food, considering that it is the day after Thanksgiving and I'm not sure I will ever feel hungry again....but we must eat!

After taking a long break, I have decided to start up my produce deliveries from Klesick Family Farm again!  I am going to start with having a Small Box delivered each week and see how that goes.  I may opt to switch to every other week if we aren't going through the produce quickly enough.  I always enjoyed receiving fresh fruits and vegetables, and my hope is that with my efforts to plan our meals a little better, I will not allow stuff to go to waste.

Here is what we will get this week (Small Box).  Our deliveries will be on Wednesdays, so I will start incorporating stuff into my menu starting then.

Small Box:

Satsumas
Fuji Apples
Navel Oranges
Bosc Pears
Beefsteak Tomatoes
Green Onions
Zucchini
Chard
Bunch of Carrots

Instead of making a separate soup for lunches, I'm going to make soup for dinner on Monday and then just eat it for leftovers for lunch until I run out.
 
Sunday: Having the Cougans over for dinner - and thinking of recreating a favorite dish from a couple weeks back: Lemon pepper cod, tomato quinoa, roasted veggies, arugula salad and garlic bread.
 
Monday: Chicken Tortilla Soup (another recipe from my friend, Robin)!



Tuesday: Frozen lasagna (we keep putting this off - this week we will do it)

Wednesday: Beef stir fry (recipe calls for bell peppers and green onion, which I will receive in my produce box this week, and I will probably add in some carrots and zucchini).

Thursday - Leftovers (probs lasagna)

Friday - Breakfast for dinner - I'm thinking eggnog pumpkin pancakes, eggs, and fresh fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment