Sunday, November 11, 2012

Meal Planning - Week of November 12th

Well, I have to say - last week's meal plan went VERY well!  As my friend Robin pointed out, it's a lot easier to find the motivation to cook and eat what you have when you actually HAVE what you need on hand.  We did cheat and have pho takeout for dinner on Friday, but had paninis and soup for lunch on Saturday, so it worked out :)  Here are a few pictures (can you tell I'm proud of myself for using my kitchen)?


 
We learned last week that Ben HATES quinoa.  He literally stuck his tongue out, reached into his mouth and picked out each little bit that he could.  Sigh.

Here is what I'm planning for this week:

Soup of the week: Crock pot Turkey Stew!  My friend Hilary sent me some suggestions for easy crock pot recipes, and this is one I LOVE:  Ground turkey, red baby potatoes, baby carrots, lentils, and vegetable stock.  Hearty and delicious.

And for dinners:

Monday: BBQ Pork Sliders (pork tenderloin cooked in the crock pot on whole wheat buns) and antipasto pasta salad.

Tuesday: Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole with home made guacamole (and tortilla chips, I'm sure).  My friend Crystal sent me this recipe awhile back and Greg and I really enjoyed it.  I'll probably 1/2 this recipe so we don't end up with too many leftovers!

Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole

Ingredients:


2 cups cooked chicken, chopped

4 cups cooked brown (or white) rice

1 cup corn

15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup salsa

1 cup cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, etc.), plus extra for the topping
 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, rice, corn, black beans, sour cream, salsa, and cheese. Mix well. Transfer the chicken mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.
 
Wednesday: Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad and Crispy Chicken Sandwiches. (Does this sound like a weird combo)?
 
Thursday: Frozen lasagna (Costco) and roasted brussels sprouts.
 
Friday: Leftovers from the week, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment