Saturday, March 28, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of March 30

Review from last week:

The enchiladas came out more like a casserole, but the flavor was good.  I've become a big fan of adding poblano pepper to any Mexican dishes we are making.


Pork carnitas made in the crockpot.  This one called to be cooked in a mix of lime juice, orange juice and salsa - I think I might try it with chicken next.

 
A light "meal" of Sauvignon Blanc and butter lettuce salad.
 
 
In a desperate attempt to hold off on grocery shopping until our Blue Apron delivery came, I threw together some pasta with roasted cherry tomatoes, garlic, arugula and topped with parmesean cheese.  YUM!
 
 
We wrapped up the week with 3 delicious Blue Apron dinners:
 
One of our favorite things about Blue Apron has been their amazing fish recipes!  I had no idea there were so many different ways to prepare fish, particularly salmon.  This one consisted of tossing fennel, red onion and green olives in EVOO and salt and pepper, laying it all down on a sheet pan, and then putting the salmon (seasoned with salt and pepper) on top of it and roasting it in the oven (about 18 minutes at 450).  The salmon came out PERFECTLY done.  I am definitely going to try this method again.
 
 
As you probably could guess, the pretzel pub burger (with hoppy cheddar sauce) was Greg's favorite this week.  I'm a little concerned that I now know a recipe for pub cheese... :/ #pubcheeseoneverything 


Thai chicken noodle soup.  Delicious.  Greg and I agreed this would be the perfect soup to eat when you are sick.  It definitely cleared out our sinuses!
 
Plan for next week:
 
Saturday:  We are attending the retirement party for one of my coworkers, so no cooking!
 
Sunday: Steak and salad.
 
Monday: Paleo Nachos
 
Tuesday: Out to eat - Indian Food.  (We should never buy Groupons - I feel like we are always having to scramble to use them before they expire)!
 
Wednesday: Crockpot Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
 
 
Friday: Leftovers or grilled tandoori chicken.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment