Thursday, March 19, 2015

Week in Photos

A couple random cute things I wrote down that he has said over the past few weeks:

After going through the carwash we got to pick out an air freshener.  I chose Coconut, to which Ben yelled "COOKIE-NUT", followed by "I WANT COOKIES"!!

From the back seat, every time we have driven somewhere the past few days, "Mommy, you are a nice driver"!

Wearing Greg's hat. 


Enjoying a lovely evening at Callie's house making "Mores" (as Ben calls them).  Randomly, I asked Ben last week who his best friend was and he responded without a beat, "Callie". 





Often times after school, Ben will come home SO dirty  that it requires an early bath (which is awesome - dirt definitely indicates a good day)!  He has been obsessed with wearing his bear robe my parents got him for Christmas.  We snuggled and watched a little Cars before his nap.



Greg got a golf net for the backyard, so on the nice evenings, the boys have been going outside to dig and hit balls.  :)





Last Friday was had an awesome evening babysitting Raleigh while Rachel and Peter went out for an evening!  They bought us beer and Indian Food while I got to remember what having a 1 year old was like (snuggles, bottles, and early bedtimes) - so I'm not sure who got the better end of this deal!

Funny side note: When they got home, Rachel and I talked and hung out while Greg, Peter and Ben played some Grand Theft Auto.  Every day since, Ben has been telling me that he "wants to drive the black car", which I had assumed he meant MY car, until he elaborated and said "I want to drive and crash the black car, with Peter, at Baby Raleigh's" and then I understood what he meant.







Some fun at the park:



And finally, a school update! I am happy to report that just as everyone predicted, school is getting SO much better!  He still will tell me he doesn't want to go to school, but I'm almost positive it is only because he would probably still PREFER to be at home.  When he is there, he is napping, playing with other kids, getting outside, and getting a routine in his life :)  He comes home singing all kinds of songs and talking about random things and when I ask, he tells me he learned it at school.  I love it.

Today when I picked him up he and a little boy were chasing each other around the room.  When I dropped him off this morning, a little girl yells out "YAY! Ben's here"!!  And then I died.

As I was walking out the door to my car this morning, a little girl coming in with her mom goes "That's Ben's mom".  So, that was cute.

I can't explain how relieved I am.

Here are some of the pictures we have received from his time at school:



 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment