Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week in Photos

I got a text from Artie out of the blue requesting a coffee date so I could meet his now 6 MONTH OLD, Jude!  I was so so happy that this worked out because Artie is one of the best people I know who I so rarely get to see.  Jude melted my heart - he is the happiest little guy around, which I'm sure has to do with how awesome his parents are and how excited they are to have him :)

 
A little swing action at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park.  We went with the grand idea of me running the stairs "a few" times while Ben and Greg hit the beach to throw rocks.  But "a few" runs up the stairs was actually more like a 3/4 run up and my struggling to even WALK the remaining stairs to the top.  Jeeze.  And the bridge to the beach was under construction.  At least we had the playground and this beautiful view :)
 
 
Ben spotted the tropical umbrellas I had tucked away in the back of my coffee drawer, and proceeded to deliver one to my cup of coffee one morning.
 
 
A visit with Grandpa, who let Ben type letters on the computer and eat M&M's!
 
 
The Christensens came over for dinner.  After dinner and some intense playing outside, they took a rest on the truck.  Ben was in heaven.
 
 
More pictures from school!  He now comes home happy every day and tells us that he likes his friends at school. :) 


 
We attended the retirement party for one of my coworkers this past weekend and had SO much fun!  As soon as we got to Rhea's house, his 8 year old daughter Kyra snagged Ben away from us and we rarely saw him the rest of the evening.  She was so great about coming back upstairs regularly to check in, but then away they went.  She even took him potty!  LOL.  Adorable.  I might have to borrow her more often.  (Also, check out that view). 


Taking selfies.


We have recently created a reward system for Ben.  Whenever he is extra helpful or awesome (helping me collect the garbage around the house, picking up his toys the first time I ask, putting his dishes in the sink, etc.) he gets to earn a quarter to put in his "truck fund".  Over the weekend, he helped Greg clean up the wood chip disaster that Greg had left after chopping wood. 


Mondays are one of my work from home days, and I'll be honest, it's starting to become a struggle entertaining Ben while responding to work requests.  I've recently been given quite a few more responsibilities, some of which require me during work hours (vs my old set up where I could kind of manage my time more freely).  I've had to get creative on Mondays, which is the only day I don't have something else lined up for him to do.  This week, we made huge messes and that seemed to help a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment