Friday, March 6, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of March 9th

Review from last week:

The coffee ancho chile short ribs were really great, but for some reason they didn't absorb as much of the flavor as I had expected.  They were very tender though, they just tasted more like pot roast than I would have assumed.

 

The kalua pork, which we had made before, was SO good and paired with the cauliflower rice - amazing.  I'm hooked.  I have tried cauliflower rice before and wasn't that impressed.  Maybe this is a different recipe?


After a meat-filled weekend, I was feeling the need for an off night.  Carrots, butter lettuce, cucumber, and basil with the spicy peanut dipping sauce I used for the Vietnamese wraps.


Greg and I LOVED these Chilaquiles and the pork we added put them over the top.  This will be a repeat recipe for sure.


Steaks with rutabaga-barberry tabbouleh and labneh cheese.  I don't think you could have paid me $10,000 to correctly identify a rutabaga prior to cooking this. It was good!
 

Italian wedding soup. I really liked the pasta in this recipe (Fregola Sarda).


Plan for next week:

Saturday: We are going to Callie's house for dinner on Saturday!  Looking forward to some nice weather and I know Ben is going to be thrilled to be back at his second home :)

Sunday: I've been wanting to make another batch of these Ricotta meatballs with Chianti Sauce, so I shall.

Monday: Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Biscuits

Tuesday: Leftover meatballs.

Wednesday: Leftover chicken.

Thursday: Crockpot Kalua Pork, Cabbage and Cauliflower rice.

Friday: Leftover pork. And margaritas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment