Friday, December 4, 2015

Week in photos: Steelers vs. Seahawks, Jeannette's Birthday, and Christmas Decor

On very rare occasion, the Pittsburgh Steelers (Greg's team) come to town to play against the Seahawks.  Greg had been talking about this game for a longggggggggggggggggggggg time - but tickets are very hard to come by!  He had been planning this day for awhile - he was either going to go down to the stadium to tailgate with friends, or he was going to watch the game at a bar somewhere near home.  He had essentially given up hope of getting tickets (at a reasonable price).

The day before the game, a friend of mine on Facebook posted that her 100 level tickets were up for sale!  I told Greg, and after making a few calls to see if any friends were interested in spending the cash on this game (they weren't), I told him that we were buying the tickets - and that I would be going to the game with him. I figure if Greg is willing to take a trip to NYC with me so I can see Hamilton, this is something I HAD to make him do.

And we had the BEST TIME.


Emily and Chris were down at the game tailgating - so we met up with them and drank some of their beer :)



Then we went down to Safeco to meet up with Karla and Bryan - and their Steeler fan friends!




View from our awesome seats.


Ran into Gina during halftime!


It was seriously one of the most fun days we have had in awhile.  Thanks to my mom for signing up for a last minute babysitting day!

The night before, we had dinner with Jeannette and family at The Spaghetti Factory - her annual birthday celebration! 


New boss at work asked where all the Christmas decor was.  I volunteered to head out to get some (since I'm pretty sure all of our old stuff has been trashed or is buried deep in our storage unit).  I think I did pretty good!


Sleepyheads.


OH, and Ben has started to write letters!!!!  I cannot believe how interested he has been in learning lately - particularly with reading and writing.  It's AMAZING and I love it so much.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment