Thursday, December 31, 2015

Week in photos: Puzzles, Playdates, Ear Surgery and Christmas!

It's been a very busy and (mostly) fun week!

My office decided to close for the holidays so I have been enjoying my time off and the extra, focused time I have got to spend with Ben.  He has been my little errand running buddy.

We did a little shopping:

And a little decorating:


He also "helped" me put together a new lamp and a new table.  (We did a little re-arranging of furniture) :)




And before we knew it, Christmas Eve had arrived!  We decided to open all of our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve to space things out a bit from opening gifts with my parents on Christmas morning.  One of my resolutions for next year is to let Ben help me more in the kitchen.  I got him his own hat, apron and gloves along with a set of child-safe knives.

 

On Christmas Day, we had my parents along with Fred, Shirley, Lisa and Evan over - a very happy repeat from how we spent the day last year and hopefully a new tradition!  
 






They found the bath crayons Ben got from Santa :)




Rachel and I did a little babysitting exchange this week - she watched Ben so we could go with my mom to see Star Wars, and then we watched Raleigh so they could run some errands.  These two really have a blast together.

 


 

Ben has been OBSESSED with puzzles lately.  Puzzles, words, spelling, writing, and reading.  So we used some Christmas money to get him a new puzzles supply!

And finally, Ben had ear surgery (tubes) this week.  The entire procedure and recovery was such a non-event.  He was a little confused immediately following the surgery, but he had zero pain and was back to his normal self within a couple hours.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment