Sunday, January 3, 2016

Meal planning: Week of January 4th

Review from last week:

This Jamaican Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa was to die for.  One again proving that you canNOT go wrong slow cooking pork with seasoning of your choice.  Can. Not.
 

I remembered how great Spaghetti Squash was this week, so I bought it and made it twice.

First as lasagna boats:
 

Next as enchilada bowls:

NYE we did take out Indian food, so I did not cook this.  But I did make Rosemary infused simple syrup to put in my champagne and it was awesome.
 

And I made ANOTHER French Toast Bake.  I and I will likely make another next weekend.  Too easy and too good not to.

 
Plan for next week:  This week marks the first week since before pregnancy that I will be working at the office 4 days a week (up from 3).  I know, I know - it's still an incredibly easy and flexible schedule and I'm grateful.  BUT - it does mean that I'm going to have to try a little harder to keep up with my cooking habits since I now have one less day near my kitchen to be able to do food prep when necessary.

Goals will be to make a few BIG meals early in the week (I'll still work from home on Mondays), and then have them as leftovers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  I will also try to wash/prep/chop any ingredients ahead of time that I can for Thursday and Friday, perhaps the night before.  Then that will only leave me with 2 nights/week that I will have to come home to cook.

So, here we go:


And since this recipes usually makes a lot, I will try to freeze 1/3 of it for a future meal.


Tuesday: Leftover Enchiladas

Wednesday: Leftover Chicken Pot Pie 



No comments:

Post a Comment