Friday, December 30, 2016

Meal Planning: Week of January 2nd

Review from last week:

I didn't execute the pork tenderloin dish as well as I could have, which resulted in it getting overcooked in order to cook the inside of the roll up well enough.  Flavor was awesome, but I should have pounded it thinner before I cooked it.

 

I failed to get a picture of Christmas dinner, but that was probably because we were all too busy enjoying it!  We made Marcia's lasagna recipe (complete with her sauce from scratch - yum).  Lisa brought a vegetarian lasagna that had spinach and nuts in it - and I absolutely loved it!  I had it for dinner the next night with the leftover green beans my mom made.
 
 
I made a white wine sangria that was pretty :)

 
We also did Blue Apron:

Steak, kale and potato wedges.  While I love some all of the recipes they send that contain unique ingredients I would never think to use on my own, I really like when they include recipes that have very basic ingredients.  It has taught me how to perfectly saute kale to make it taste amazing, and how to get potatoes cooked just right.

Blue Apron very rarely repeats recipes, and when they do, it's at least a year later and they typically switch up a few ingredients.

We had made this cod dish cooked in parchment a few years back, and it was tasty the second time around as well.
 

Plan for next week:

Saturday: Blue Apron Meal: Sesame Chicken with Bok Choy & Jasmine Rice

Sunday: Chicken & Kale Caesar-Style Salad

Monday: Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Spicy Guacamole Burgers with Roasted Red Onion & Sweet Potato

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Spicy Shrimp & Korean Rice Cakes with Cabbage & Furikake

Friday: Blue Apron Meal: Seared Chicken & Couscous with Broccoli & Lemon-Yogurt Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment